<body> The Walks and Talks

Monday, January 28, 2008
Fan-Tas-Tic

State: Simmering, a bit sleepy.

Today was the day of disappointments and surprises.

Walkergal was supposed to go to The HQ to lend her skills for damage control today.
Hence she nicely postponed her 5km run for that.
She was very nicely promised by a Mister S i m that he would pick her up to The HQ.
She prepared herself and got to the meeting point and realised 20 mins later that Mister S i m had nicely forgotten about it.
He sounded like he was in a toilet.
He said he was stucked in a middle of something.

All the best to Mister S i m.
May you have fun chatting with your boss over a cuppa over this matter.
I hope to see you around next time.
Seriously.

Ms T e o called me up after that.
She was clearly apologetic over the whole entire matter.
She was part of the meeting last week with Mister S i m and the boss.
But she wasn't the one who called me last week.
It was Mister S i m.

Alrights. Mister S i m, you have been mentioned more than 5 times in my shell wall. Its been nice learning about you and seriously I am kinda disappointed about your very nice freelance style here. Since you have been put in charged of this, shouldn't there be more commitment shown? What has the HQ been working towards? What has happened to The Attitude nowadays?

Peaceout.

*****

Back to shell after that.
Walkergal was surprised by an email.
A guy by the name Peter wishes to buy my Professional Communications Textbook @ $16. Seriously these days.. many had emailed or smsed me to request for a lower price. If I were to lower the price further, it would have kinda devalued the book. It is a very good book. Plus it got my signature on it.. and it is in total new condition.

Sadly, none of the people who had approached me made me wanna sell it to them. Hence, I had decided to keep it for my grandchildren until this Peter came along. :) He did not even ask about the price. He just confirmed with me very decisively that he will buy from me. When I made my way through the North to meet him, suddenly I felt a bit sad. Sad to leave my book. Seriously I had taken care of it so well. I gave it a last hug before I stepped out of the long corridor. I could see the surprised look that Peter had on his face when he saw the book. He was clearly pleased and blurted out "its so new!".

Yes. So the deal of this textbook is now closed. I became a happy seller and he became a happy owner of my book. At least I know that he will take care of my book well. :)

*****

Reading about some Floriography today and here's some Definitions that Walkergal will share with you:

Red Roses: True Love.
Sunflowers: Adoration, Loyalty.
Tulips: The Things We Do For Love.
Gerbera Daisies: You Are The Sunshine Of My Life.
White Lilies: I Feel Like I'm In Heaven When I'm With You.
Carnation: Fascination, Distinction, Love.

Walkergal thinks that:
Seriously roses seemed pretty common everywhere isn't it? Sunflowers are nice but only when given as singles. Gerbera Daisies seemed cheerful but doesn't have the heart melt effect. White Lilies are very elegant.. seemed best in gardens. Carnation came across as very motherly feeling to me. Hurhur... Thats why I still think that Tulips are the best. They always looked neat, in order and special.. just for the Unique Ones. :)

*****

Oh. There is this non-alcoholic beer thats just out in the market! It is known as Warsteiner!! Hahahaha.. now if you drive, you don't have to worry about drinking or getting drunk from beer!
Oh. I just realised OCBC-NTU DEBIT card gives you waiver of cover charge before 10pm at dbl O. You will get 10% off all food and drinks at Banquet Jurong Point. Oh my. This gives walkergal all the reasons to step out of her Shell!

Today roomie came back Shell to visit me!! Hahaha.. Well done babe! Her volleyball team got into the finals and thats this coming Thursday!! In the midst of our conversation, she told me about Paulaner Bräuhaus!! Now I'm so so so keen to go check out this place. Happy hour is 2pm to 8pm daily! Sundays and Mondays is one-for-one on beer, Housepour spirits and wine! Tuesdays to Fridays is 20% discount on Beers, and Housepour spirits! Is their sausages seriously that fantastic? One day walkergal shall go check it out! They have got Sunday Brunch but got to pay about $40+++ to get free flow of beer... seriously.. if its not from 1130 - 1430 only but all day long, I wouldn't mind really to pay that amount.

*****

I read about Seoul today! It seemed travelling free and easy in Seoul might be easy and inexpensive!! =P

*****

I'm overwhelmed by how much determination that disabled athletes can have. Try to understand the mentalities of them. You will soon realise how much hard work they had put into training themselves and very clearly they are no pushovers. I am very proud of them and seriously, they might be handicapped in body, but definitely not in spirit.

*****
If pro is the opposite of con,
is progress the opposite of congress?
is prostitute the opposite of constitute?
is product the opposite of conduct?

No. Therefore, different things have to be treated differently. There is no one way rule in this world. Don't expect or impose. Sometimes having a few out-of-the-world impacts can be good at times. Cherish your experiences.


WalkerGal walked on the sunny side.
11:30 PM.