<body> The Walks and Talks

Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Sad Tard.

State: calm

swam 40 laps this morning. when I stepped out of my shell, the sky was like going to rain any moment. walkergal was praying hard that God would hold the rain... please... and BINGO. It was sunny throughout! :)

swimming is certainly less stressful than running.
no bad impacts to my knees..
no breathing in harmful exhaust fumes from inconsiderate drivers..
no stepping on innocent snails on pavements..
no blockage by i-want-go-home people at the bus stops..
no worries of tripping and falling...

yes indeed. it is what it is. just need some motivation to do it alone thats all. :)
brother said swimming is bad for hair. hmm. yes. walkergal does agree with him completely. just that her hair had reached a state whereby the chemical reaction of the chlorine can't really do much further damage. hur...

*****

A lecturer teaching medicine was giving a classoom observation. He took out a jar of yellow liquid. "This," he explained, "is urine. To be a doctor, you have to be observant of color, smell, sight, and taste."

After saying so, he dipped his finger into the jar and put it into his mouth. His class watched in amazement, most in disgust. But being the good students that they were, the jar was passed, and one by one, they dipped their finger into the jar and put it into their mouths.
After the last student was done, the lecturer shook his head. "If any of you had been observant, you would have noticed that I put my second finger into the jar and my third finger into my mouth."

*****

I received an email today about the following and I think its good for my readers.

CHRISTIAN WAYS TO REDUCE STRESS ...

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
1. Pray
2. Go to bed on time.
3. Get up on time so you can start the day unrushed.
4. Say No to projects that won't fit into your time schedule, or that will compromise your mental health.
5. Delegate tasks to capable others.
6. Simplify and unclutter your life.
7. Less is more. (Although one is often not enough, two are often too many.)
8. Allow extra time to do things and to get to places.
9. Pace yourself. Spread out big changes and difficult projects over time; don't lump the hard things all together.
10. Take one day at a time.
11. Separate worries from concerns . If a situation is a concern, find out what God would have you do and let go of the anxiety. If you can't do anything about a situation, forget it.
12. Live within your budget; don't use credit cards for ordinary purchases.
13. Have backups; an extra car key in your wallet, an extra house key buried in the garden, extra stamps, etc.
14. K.M.S. (Keep Mouth Shut). This single piece of advice can prevent an enormous amount of trouble.
15. Do something for the Kid in You everyday.
16. Carry a Bible with you to read while waiting in line.
17. Get enough rest.
18. Eat right.
19. Get organized so everything has its place.
20. Listen to a CD while driving that can help improve your quality of life.
21. Write down thoughts and inspirations.
22. Every day, find time to be alone.
23. Having problems? Talk to God on the spot. Try to nip small problems in the bud. Don't wait until it's time to go to bed to try and pray.
24. Make friends with Godly people.
25. Keep a folder of favorite scriptures on hand.
26. Remember that the shortest bridge between despair and hope is often a good 'Thank you Jesus.'
27. Laugh.
28. Laugh some more!
29. Take your work seriously, but not yourself at all.
30. Develop a forgiving attitude (most people are doing the best they can).
31. Be kind to unkind people (they probably need it the most).
32. Sit on your ego. Yeah. Press it down.
33. Talk less; listen more.
34. Slow down.
35. Remind yourself that you are not the general manager of the universe.
36 . Every night before bed, think of one thing you're grateful for that you've never been grateful for before. GOD HAS A WAY OF TURNING THINGS AROUND FOR YOU. 'If God is for us, who can be against us?' (Romans 8:31)

*****

Came across this Armed Force recruitment advertisement today and it reads:

LEADERSHIP.
OUR EDGE.
JOIN THE DECISIVE FORCE.

Indeed you got to join it to know if the force is decisive or not... Seriously. If you are physically abled with no big medical issues, its good to consider if you are attracted to this advertisement. Hahah.. Walkergal is not doing recruitment here.. just sharing some thoughts.

*****

Had dinner at Cafe @ The Quad today.. Firstly, I seldom go there to eat and hence, I got no idea whats really nice and whats not. Haha... everytime I go there, I'll eat Western Food - Baked Fish Meal. Its only lately then I found out that the fish slice beehoon there during lunch time hours was superb! They really used good fishes and really for the price of $3, you get a lot of fish slices!! To top it off, the soup wasn't oily nor chalky nor salty! It was just nice for me.

Met Charmaine from my GIP BJ at there! After chatting, walkergal found out that the claypot chicken and claypot seafood was highly recommended. Hence while queuing up, I finally made my choice. Seafood claypot!! Hence, I ordered and to my surprise, it was really topped with lots of seafood! The seafood claypot soup had lots of fish meat, sotongs, prawns... and it was cooked with preserved veg.. so got my favourite salty and sour taste... plus cabbages and mushroom slices and tofu... ahhhhh...!!

To top it off, the soup wasn't oily nor salty! The entire claypot with a bowl of hard rice really made my day man! Sweet! I don't really think there was any or some MSG.. cos I was talking and talking as usual and wasn't thirsty at all! This kind of soup only when I'm the chef myself then I'll drink up all but seriously, I was so satisfied with the soup that I finished it all and had additional scoops of my favourite hard rice.. couldn't resist it. Seriously. Hur... oh, I haven't mention the price of it? Hur.. its a steal at $4... You won't get to eat so much seafood.. not even on a plate of $4.50 horfun OUTSIDE.

*****

Today I've cleared my individual Assignment 1 of Simulation and Modelling. But I wouldn't know if I'm on the right track.. hope someone has already done it so can double check with one another before submission. Seriously.. It seemed like my favourite module of this semester for now... I like the lecturer cos he can be really, seriously funny. Not those comedian type, but he can deliver things in such a professional and serious note and yet can make us laugh at times when we never predict it! I hope I will have the same amount of passion for my other modules..

*****

Life is worthed living...
Because you are borned already.
Because you have a purpose here on Earth.
Because you only have 1 life.
Because you are more fortunate than millions of people in this world who are still fighting hard to live.

Never give up. Just that its only natural to feel sad or sore about things. Must remember to wake up after that.. no matter how long it takes you.


WalkerGal walked on the sunny side.
11:28 PM.